The principles of treatment in the acute phase of stroke are to improve blood circulation in the ischemic area and to promote neurological recovery as soon as possible.
On-site emergency personnel should perform a brief assessment and necessary emergency treatment as soon as possible, including mainly:
1. management of airway, respiratory and circulatory problems.
2. Cardiac monitoring.
3. Establishing intravenous access.
4. Oxygen administration.
5. Assess for hypoglycemia.
1. Random movement of the patient.
2. Infusion of sugar-containing fluids in non-hypoglycemic patients.
3. Excessive lowering of blood pressure;
4. Large amount of intravenous fluids.
Share your experience, or seek help from fellow patients.